Apply for the inaugural year of PlaySpace, Pipeline Theatre Company’s latest new work development program! Applications are due October 15, 2019.
PlaySpace is a new-work development program for wildly imaginative theatrical pieces. The program lends personalized support to the core artists with the aim of bringing their ambitious theatre project closer to being production-ready.
Pipeline is creating this five-month-long residency as an opportunity for bold experimentation and rigorous investigation of concept, space, design, text, form, and performance – culminating in a public, workshop presentation.
What we’re providing:
- A development process/residency designed around the unique needs of each project
- Financial support towards materials and collaborators
- Organizational support from Pipeline and its artistic and producorial staff
- Two workshop performances over a weekend in June 2020
What we’re looking for:
- Projects experimenting with ambitious imagination. Are you playing with scale, outsized design, lots of bodies, lots of forms?
- Artists that are dedicated to pushing the theatrical form beyond its limits, and who need to work outside of the traditional workshop or rehearsal process
- Work that engages with our mission. Pipeline projects create transportive theatrical environments that speak to our world right now, and do so in risky, bold, and seemingly impossible ways.
- Individuals from diverse artistic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
- October 15, 2019 – Applications due
- November-December, 2019 – Interviews
- Late December, 2019 – Announcement
- January – May, 2020 – Development
- June 2020 – Public Workshop Presentation
How to apply:
Please fill out the application form and send the below to email@example.com
- 15 page sample from the piece
- A script and/or outline representing the project in full
- Resumes and Bios for all primary artists
So if you have a big, risky play that needs an intense (and long!) collaboration with a creative team, or can’t move forward until it’s had a series of elaborate choreography sessions, or can only be completed once you’ve solved the underwater roller skating… please apply!